Wednesday, June 9, 2010

White & Grey - kitchen colours?

I went to visit the kitchen company last week so I've been scouring the web and magazines for inspiration and I've made a few decisions (I think).

Firstly, I had been considering doing a black and white kitchen to complement the black wall in the sitting room but I've since decided that might be a bit much black and since I'm trying to "open up" the space, I'm better off sticking to lighter colours.

I really love white kitchens but I don't want all white - a lot of the pictures I stashed seem to have white cupboards and drawers with light grey benchtops. I think it would look great to run with that for the island bench and then go all white with a light grey splashback for everything else.

I got a quote to have a ceiling bulkhead installed above the island bench but it was double what I estimated so I've scratched that off the list. It would be great to have some lighting above the island anyway but we know we're going to need to have the electrician come out on two different occasions so we'll probably save that for later.

These are my latest inspirations with the white and light grey.







No comments:

Post a Comment