Sunday, March 7, 2010

Closet inspiration...anyone?

I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I've scoured the web for amazing walk-in-robes and I haven't come up with much at all. I thought this would be one of the easiest rooms to find inspiration for - maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, I don't know.

We don't have a walk-in-robe...yet. But when my renovations are complete, we will have a 2.8 x 2.0 metre closet. There is a large window on the right so it is nice and light.

What I'm after is something light and beautifully organised, maybe a little on the feminine side (I'm thinking it's the one room my husband will allow me to let my girly side shine through!), possibly a bit of wallpaper(?) and clever shoe storage. The only thing I am absolutely certain about is that I want a built in laundry hamper. I haven't seen it anywhere but I had this idea to cut two large circles into a wood panel/built in cabinet and label one lights and the other darks. I'd have two hampers behind the cabinet that could be removed to empty.

Do you know of any good websites, blogs, or have you seen a picture that seems to vaguely describe what I'm talking about? Or if you can think of any clever storage ideas, I'm keen to hear those as well!

Jane xo



No comments:

Post a Comment